none
Partner Network shows Expired RRS feed

• Question

• We upgraded our MSDN Subscription over a month ago, and reported issues with our account about 3 Weeks ago. 

When accessing our account from partners.microsoft.com (Partner Membership Center), MSDN, and Visual Studio Online we're greeted with errors stating that our subscription has expired. 

In partners.microsoft.com we see 

Organization Partner ID: XXXXXXX [Expired]

but also see 'Silver Active - Earned', and the messages: 

>Your re-enrollment request is being processed. This may take up to one hour.

>Welcome Back! You are now re-enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network

----

So far I've had the following responses:- 

----

I've made some calls through the course of the day attempting to get 
    some more information about the status of your company's account.  I've 
    been informed that our technical team has identified a particular glitch
    in our system which is somehow blocking your account from being 
    activated.  When asked when this would be fixed, they said they were 
    actively working on the issue but could provide no time frame for when 
    it would be resolved.  

I understand that this situation is far from satisfactory.  At this 
    point I can offer two options:
    1. Simply wait until the issue is resolved and your account is active 
    (keeping in mind that I have no way of knowing how long this will take).
    2. Request a refund of the fee you have already paid.  I can understand 
    if you choose this option. Just let me know, and I can process a refund 
    request on your behalf

-----

Our technical is working on this issue but there is no estimated 
    timeframe or workaround at the moment.

Please note that we are handling this with the priority it deserves.

-----

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've been chasing it up over the telephone and by email for weeks. 

I was initially told a same day response would be in order, which then changed to 3 day's for a response, and finally 10 days each time I called up. After the 10 days, no timeframe was provided. 

Our Visual Studio Premium licenses continue to expire, we have no access to MSDN Downloads or any other MSDN benefits. All requests for assistance to obtain some benefits have been ignored by Microsoft so far. Right now I'm looking to develop for Office 365 but don't want to have to pay extra on top of services I should already be getting with MSDN.
    Thanks, 

John G

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 3:46 PM

Answers

• John, its been a week since we've heard from you so I'm going to mark this post as answered.  If its not, and you need more help, come back and unmark this as answered and then give us an update.  Thanks! Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:03 PM

All replies

• John,

I'm unhappy to hear that you're not getting a straight answer from the support team you've been dealing with.

Can you do the following:

- visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions

- scroll to the bottom and click "Site Feedback"

- fill out the forum with a reference to this thread + your partner ID + your MSDN Subscriber ID if you have one (shown on the My Account page).

This will put an email in my inbox and I"ll reply to you with a bit more information.  I'll see if I can shake something loose with the mpn team.

Thanks,
    Mike

Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:52 PM
  • Thanks Mike, 

I've submitted a response using the Site Feedback method as requested, and included all the information you asked for. Note: I also called up Partner Support today, who informed me that she escalated being able to re-create the organisation account to remedy the issue and whether it's possible but I would have wait up to 10 more days before I receive a response, 

Thanks, 

John G
    • Edited by JohnG 360 Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:24 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:24 PM
  • maybe I missed the memo about a 10 day vacation? :) I'll see what I can find out.  Got your mail, replying shortly.

Thanks,
    Mike

Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:29 PM
  • John,

I've heard some initial replies that the engineering team is reviewing your case and that your escalation from the call center has made it to the senior support team independently from my query. 

I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything, and hoping that will include progress towards resolving your problem.

Thanks,
    Mike

Friday, December 19, 2014 5:00 PM
  • John have you heard back from partner support yet?

Thanks,
    Mike

Friday, December 26, 2014 5:44 PM
  • Hi Mike, 

I had someone from support call yesterday I believe, but I wasn't available to answer the call. The message they left is that there's still no good news and it's still being investigated by engineers. 

They also mentioned that it's been escalated multiple times but still haven't been able to resolve the issue at this stage,

Thanks, 

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:54 AM
  • John,

That sounds like the same thing I heard from the team internally.  Glad they're following up with you, and thanks for checking back in.  

Mike

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:38 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I'm about to start a huge development project and I'm concerned that my Visual Studio 2013 license is due to expire in 13 days. Is there any way that you could provide a key for VS2013 out of courtesy for the bug that's been identified on MS Partner. We have a development team that utilise these keys on a daily basis and it's hindering our development process. I was expecting a call today, but didn't receive one. Instead, my manager contacted yourselves and received the same response that I've been getting for the past month.  

Thanks, 

John G
    • Edited by JohnG 360 Monday, January 5, 2015 4:54 PM
    Monday, January 5, 2015 4:54 PM
  • Sorry John, I can't do that directly but I'm working with the MPN escalation team to see how we can help.

Mike

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 10:34 PM
  • John the team has a solution for you they've been working on.  They say they tried to get you on the phone today and were unable to, but will try again on Monday.

Have a good weekend!

Mike

Friday, January 9, 2015 5:21 PM
  • John, any contact from the team yet?

Thanks,
    Mike

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:29 PM
  • John, its been a week since we've heard from you so I'm going to mark this post as answered.  If its not, and you need more help, come back and unmark this as answered and then give us an update.  Thanks! Mike

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:03 PM
  • Sorry, I received a phone call from the team Yesterday. Our account is now corrected and they informed me that there was a bug on MSDN causing this which was affecting several users. 

Thank you very much for you assistance, 

Thanks, 

John G

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:47 PM