locked
mobile:link problems, I think RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-324653910 posted
    I am a newbie at mobile controls. I have built an app and it runs fine under firefox, ie and OpenWave emulator V7. When I view the app on my SprintPCS Sanyo pm-8100 cell phone, everything works fine until I go and click on a link, whether it was generated from a mobile:list or just a mobile:link. The error says "download plug-in" which I am not using anything (such as Flash) that would require a plugin (kinda, I guess, it's sending a different mime type). Any other screen with radial buttons, input boxes, buttons, etc. works great (I bypassed the screen with the links). Can anyone help? I have tried to figure this out and I do not quite understand the machine.config and the <browser..> tag. Could there be a problem there...telling the controls to generate the wrong kind of code? Thanks in advance, Mark
    Wednesday, March 9, 2005 11:03 PM

All replies

  • User-324653910 posted
    I figured it out. Just for those as "new" as I am to this, I will explain what I did. I figured out the "device" profile for my PM-8200 Sanyo with NetFront v3.1 was not acurate (or existed) so when the controls were being generated, it was adding javascript which my device does not support. I was getting a message that said something about a plugin. I guess this means that the device specs are not "installed" into the original machine.config when installing .net mobile. I understand why they can't configure all devices but I thought for NetFront v3.1 specs would have been part of the config. Anyway, what I did to the correct the problem and define a new user_agent for my device, I used http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/default.aspx to profile my device which took about 15 minutes or so. I then downloaded the device.config file that was generated by Microsoft and placed it into my web.config. That's It! Sorry if this is too elementary, maybe it will help someone.
    Friday, March 11, 2005 11:49 AM