"span" instead of "Read more" RRS feed

• Question

• This is question is about the reading of an article in my App.

First of all, it would be great if the whole article could be displayed in the app. Unfortunately, there are only a few sentences available.

In my case there should be the "Read more" link to my blog. Funnily enough there is the word "span" instead of "read more" - look at the image-link. That must be a bug.

www.windowsphoneblog.net/images/bug.jpg

Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:29 PM

All replies

• Yes it would be great to have the entire article pulled in on the individual article pages. The question I have is, Why not?
    Friday, August 16, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Hello  .Rick_,

The html control has a limit in the text to display, but you could create a collection and divide  the article into several pages.

As for the link to your blog, edit the html with the button '</>' (it will show the raw html) and check if the html and the link are correct or not.

Thank you for using Windows Phone App Studio

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:06 PM
  • Hi,

hmm that seems a bit complicated for me. Did I understand you right? You want me to write for every article a new entry (collection) into my app? Unfortunately I don't have the time for that. My target would be to integrate all my blog articles automatically with RSS-Feeds.

Where can I edit the HTML in the App Studio? At RSS-Datasource I'm only able to fill in the Link to my Feed. Unfortunately, also the static item-image doesn't appears in the app.

Screenshot: www.windowsphoneblog.net/images/item_image.jpg

Thanks,

Regards

Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:38 PM
  • Hello Rick,

Sorry, we did not understand your question. We tested the RSS that these are using and have seen the error that you reported to us. We will communicate these issues with the RSS and the static item-image to the development team for correction soon.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:38 AM