Does AI track WAMS data? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have been working on AI for a while and am able to track all the data using custom events, track exception all the stuff they provided for Windows Universal apps using C#.

My app uses Windows Azure Active directory for Single Sign on. 

I Have created a dot net back end windows azure mobile service to use it for AAD single sign on.

I need to track the AAD single sign on Requests and data.

I downloaded the dot net back end service project, and i added Application Insights dll to the service project and i created a new AI resource in Azure and i gave the instrumentation key to the file created in Service Project which ApplciationInsights.config

I need to capture the data Whenever i logged in into my windows store app which uses the mobile service i created using dot net back end mobile service.

Am unable to view any data in the AI resource.

Does AI track WAMS data whenever i performed single sign on using AAD?

Any help on this please?

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:35 AM

Answers

• Hello Santosh,

I'm not sure whether Windows Azure Mobile Service is the supported project out-of-box with AI SDK.

For Web projects AI adds an HTTP module to the web.config, so that several modules are initialized on the application based on the information in the applicationinsights.config. This might not happen for WAMS.

If it's not happening (or is happening but not working), I would suggest to just install AI API SDK and then manually instrument your code in the required places to submit request information about sign-in. If you have applicationinsights.config, the code will look like:

TelemetryConfiguration config = TelemetryConfiguration.CreateDefault();
    TelemetryClient client = new TelemetryClient(config);
    client.TrackRequest(...);

Telemetry Configuration will be read from applicationinsights.config, including channels configuration. You can use one client instance for all your telemetry if this client is accessible around your project, no need to constantly create it.

Dmitry Matveev

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 12:57 AM

All replies

• Hello Santosh,

I'm not sure whether Windows Azure Mobile Service is the supported project out-of-box with AI SDK.

For Web projects AI adds an HTTP module to the web.config, so that several modules are initialized on the application based on the information in the applicationinsights.config. This might not happen for WAMS.

If it's not happening (or is happening but not working), I would suggest to just install AI API SDK and then manually instrument your code in the required places to submit request information about sign-in. If you have applicationinsights.config, the code will look like:

TelemetryConfiguration config = TelemetryConfiguration.CreateDefault();
    TelemetryClient client = new TelemetryClient(config);
    client.TrackRequest(...);

Telemetry Configuration will be read from applicationinsights.config, including channels configuration. You can use one client instance for all your telemetry if this client is accessible around your project, no need to constantly create it.

Dmitry Matveev

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 12:57 AM
  • Autocollection for WAMS is not supported. Please see this: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/ae2da8ab-2c1b-4e97-8e8c-6d9d59bc5d6a/azure-mobileservice-and-application-insights?forum=ApplicationInsights#4a506443-da6e-4444-a51e-8a52b8d878b2

So the alternative solution that Dmitry suggests is the only option.

Anastasia

Thursday, July 2, 2015 3:00 AM