none
TMT - How to add a threat for a specific data flow? and how to modify the naming of Interaction?

Question

• Hi,

I'm using TMT to model our product features. Here are two problems I would like to have your help.

1. I would like to add a threat for a specific data flow from product feature point of view. I haven't figured out a way to add a threat for a specific data flow.

2. I try to add User-defined threat to resolve the problem #1. In the end, I found I can't change the naming of Interaction. If I can change the naming, then I can assign this user-defined threat to a interaction (data flow).

Thanks,

Ziv

Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• I am sorry, but it is not possible, right now.

You can add a custom threat, as you pointed out, but it will not be associated to any data flow, no matter what you do.

Best regards,

Simone

• Proposed as answer by simonec Friday, May 5, 2017 10:27 AM
    Friday, May 5, 2017 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

We are using 7.0.90000.0 of the MTM Tool. Has the issue raised here been remediated in later versions? If not are there any plans to fix this bug?

Many Thanks

Mark 

Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Mark,

The current version of TMT opperates in the same manner. All user-defined threats are attributed to "User-defined" rather then a specific interaction. I've added this request to out backlog. 

Thanks,

Jeremy

Thursday, April 11, 2019 4:23 PM
    Owner