VWDOrVs2010SP1AzurePack.exe - installer file RRS feed

• Question

• User-1018312322 posted

I am in India, in case that is relevant. I have been trying to download and install Visual Web Developer 2010 and WebMatrix 2010 on my Vista Home laptop. Unfortunately these small files do not seem to work. They launch a window that contains a graphic of a down arrow that points to an active progress bar - but nothing is happening. I ran task manager and saw the app and process running but no CPU usage and there was no activity showing up on my netwrok monitor app either. I've found and run several installers for these apps but the result is always the same. IS there an ISO for these apps that I can download? I've seen some links but they all just end up at the VS 2012 page. But maybe there is one somewhere that still works...

Thanks if you can help.

Steveubu

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:43 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi steveubu

Welcome to ASP.NET Forums.

You could download Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.0, The Microsoft Web Platform Installer (Web PI) is a free tool that makes getting the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform, including Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Express, .NET Framework and Visual Web Developer easy. You can download Visual Web Developer 2010 and WebMatrix 2010 from Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.0.<o:p></o:p>

Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.0 - http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx.

hope it helps you,

Kind regards

Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:57 AM
  • User-1018312322 posted

Thanks for the reply Angie. Unfortunately, the download for Web PI behaves the same way as the other files. They are all the same 93.6Kb in size, which makes me think they're all the same app with a specific data point that refers to the program requested and might explain whay they all behave the same way.  The installer window opens and displays an arrow graphic and an animated progress bar but it just hangs and nothing else happens, as I said in my original post. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2. I'd love to get this environment running but I need to get past this obstacle. That's why I though there might be an ISO file available, since the installer isn't functioning properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also had this thought: If the installer needs to access a server online to complete the download and install, could it be possible that my ISP is blocking this for some reason?

Thanks,

Steve

Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:32 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi steveubu

I’m confused about this situation, your OS meets the system requirement, Supported operating systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista. At the same time with Service Pack 2, the latest service pack for both Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista, supports new types of hardware and emerging hardware standards.

You could have a try install Visual Studio 2010 Express All-in-One ISO. This ISO image file enables you to install Visual Studio Express products without requiring Internet access during installation. It includes: Visual Basic 2010 Express, Visual C++ 2010 Express, Visual C# Express, and Visual Web Developer 2010 Express.

Please follow the link to download it(http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads).

hope it helps you,

Kind regards

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:51 PM