Bin folder RRS feed

• Question

• User585649674 posted

Hi,

While publishing a website to IIS. Is it necessary that all the dlls should be present in bin folder rather than bin\debug folder.

I created a webservice using spring.net. In spring .net, a normal class library project is hosted as a web service.

I created a new virtual directory and pointed it to my class library folder.

It is giving me an error like "*.dll" is not present.

I browsed the folder strucure and saw all the files are present in bin\debug folder.

I copied my dlls from Bin\debug to placed it directy under bin folder and my webservice started working like a charm.

How i noticed this was, i opened a published website and found that the referenced system.web and other dlls are present directly in bin folder.

Is there any setting in IIS where we can ask the IIS t look for the dll in a particular folder.

Monday, October 11, 2010 4:54 PM

Answers

• User-1618234021 posted

Hi

Yes XiaoCheng Fan is right. You have to copy all related .dll files in the bin directly. That's the location where the IIS looks for the binaries. Through Visual Studio you can set the output path directly. But in a live production server scenario, again you have to copy the dlls from your development machine and copy them over to the bin folder of the target virtual directory.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:34 AM

All replies

• User470413944 posted

Hi,

It is nessary to put the dll files in the bin folder.

You can set the output folder by project properties -> build -> output-> output path.

I hope this can be helpful for you.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:29 AM
  • User-1618234021 posted

Hi

Yes XiaoCheng Fan is right. You have to copy all related .dll files in the bin directly. That's the location where the IIS looks for the binaries. Through Visual Studio you can set the output path directly. But in a live production server scenario, again you have to copy the dlls from your development machine and copy them over to the bin folder of the target virtual directory.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:34 AM