Searchable FAQ page in SharePoint ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

i am trying to create a FAQ page in sharepoint. where i will be able to search on FAQ content and if search returns an answer can it also be tagged with other search tags for related info? if you have done before please advise any suggestion.

Thanks in advanced.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:24 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

I would suggest you look at using a list that contains all of your FAQ items. this can be fairly simple with the Title being the Question, a multi-line text field being the answer and then additional taxonomy fields as you need for tagging.

When it comes to displaying these on a page, you have the choice of using the out of the box list view web part on a page, perhaps grouping by metadata tag? If you really want a FAQ experience, you could use XSLT to style the titles and answers into collapsible blocks using some JavaScript and CSS.

By placing the items into the list you then gain the power of using search, as you can create a search scope that just contains those items, allowing people to do an FAQ search or just including the results in normal site search.

Paul.

Please ensure that you mark a question as Answered once you receive a satisfactory response. This helps people in future when searching and helps prevent the same questions being asked multiple times.

• Proposed as answer by croute1 Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by rakib1 Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:30 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:54 PM