command line lightswitch deployments, how to? RRS feed

• Question

• At present I can publish my project to Azure through Visual Studio with no problem.  But I'd like to be able to do it via command line, which would let someone else who doesn't have VS installed do it as well. 

Are there some articles on doing this, or at least a few powershell modules I should be looking at?

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is the deployment guide, the package build process described in this article is equivalent to the Package command in Visual Studio, and the publishing steps are equivalent to the Publish command in Visual Studio. 

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by jim bancroft Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:28 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 1:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the deployment guide, the package build process described in this article is equivalent to the Package command in Visual Studio, and the publishing steps are equivalent to the Publish command in Visual Studio. 

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by jim bancroft Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:28 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 1:16 AM
  • Thanks Angie!
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:28 PM
  • I wish this was true... But when you try to publish a lsxtproj using msbuild you get the following error message:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\LightSwitch\v5.0\Publish\Microsoft.LightSwitch.Publish.targets(1711,9): error : Command line publish is only supported when configured to generate deployment scripts. Use the publish wizard in Visual Studio LightSwitch to configure this project to generate scripts for deployment [C:\...\Project.lsxtproj]".

In other words, I assume that it is not possible to publish a lightswitch project using the command line. Is that correct?

• Edited by CadErikWork Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:42 PM
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:42 PM
  • I'd love to know if anyone else has run into Cad's problem, and if so, if they have successfully deployed to Azure using the command line / powershell.
    Friday, April 29, 2016 7:38 PM