none
.NET Framework RRS feed

• Question

• I have two problems concerning .NET Framework.
    The first being that .NET Framework v4 does not play a game that requires an earlier version (.Net Framework v1.1.4322).
    The second problem is that when I try to download the earlier version it fails to install.
    What is happening?
    Monday, April 11, 2011 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi DomRouse,

Would you please let me know your Windows version?

The .NET Framework your game requires is .NET Framework 1.1. Like pvdg42 said, .NET Framework 4.0 and .NET Framework 1.1 are two independent .NET Framework.

You can download and install .NET Framework 1.1 via the link below:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3

Before insatll, please turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software; clean %temp% folder(Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%). Then, please run the setup with Administrator privilege: right-click the installer -> Run as administrator.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:29 AM

All replies

• The very old framework your game requires has a completely different codebase from newer framework versions, so you need .NET Framework 1.1 to support the game you want.

As far as installing .NET Framework 1.1 is concerned, responders here need more information in order to help you.

What version of Windows are you running? To install .NET Framework 1.1 on Windows 7, for example, special procedures are required.

Can you show us the error messages you got when the installation attempt failed?

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:30 PM
  • Hi DomRouse,

Would you please let me know your Windows version?

The .NET Framework your game requires is .NET Framework 1.1. Like pvdg42 said, .NET Framework 4.0 and .NET Framework 1.1 are two independent .NET Framework.

You can download and install .NET Framework 1.1 via the link below:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3

Before insatll, please turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software; clean %temp% folder(Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%). Then, please run the setup with Administrator privilege: right-click the installer -> Run as administrator.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:29 AM