Windows 8 - Capture data displayed in the Screen

Question

• Hi 

I am working on Windows 8 Store and Phone app (using XAML and C#), we have requirement where we need to capture the data which is displayed on the screen and send it to server for tracking purpose. 

For example - If the list control has 4 items displayed in the screen when user lands to the page i need to capture all the 4 items and send to server. 

So want to know if there any API available in windows 8 SDK to perform this operation ? or is there any other way we can achieve this ?

Please could anyone help me on this. 

Warm Regards
    Mohammed Irfan

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:08 PM

Answers

• It depends on what exactly you're looking for.

Typically you would track all of that in your data layer and then databind the raw information to the screen display. Since the app knows the state of the data it can send it to the server without a problem.

If you want to send a bitmap and are using Windows 8.1 then you can use the RenderTargetBitmap class to save UIElements to a bitmap and then send that. This class is new for Windows 8.1 and not available for Windows 8. Windows Phone 8 can get similar functionality with WriteableBitmap.Render.

--Rob

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:13 PM
    Owner