Two output file names resolved to the same output path Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am have been facing this error for some time and I have been trying to solve it. I tried to work out what could be the cause of this error and I did some research on it. I deleted all the .resx files in my project and a lot of other key files in the project and the error was still on, until I deleted the appconfig file and the error disappeared. but then deleting the appconfig file has other consequences on the way the system operates.

I am translating a Motorola scanner c# code into vb.net so I can use for our own use in vb.net and I have uploaded the project Here can someone give me some help on how I can solve this error.

If you think it you can achieve it

• Edited by tendaimare Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:39 AM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:14 AM

Answers

• I am have been facing this error for some time and I have been trying to solve it. I tried to work out what could be the cause of this error and I did some research on it. I deleted all the .resx files in my project and a lot of other key files in the project and the error was still on, until I deleted the appconfig file and the error disappeared. but then deleting the appconfig file has other consequences on the way the system operates.

I am translating a Motorola scanner c# code into vb.net so I can use for our own use in vb.net and I have uploaded the project Here can someone give me some help on how I can solve this error.

Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

I have tested the sample you shared, you could try the following suggestions to test.

1. Click "Show All Files" in solution explorer as following image.

2. Then remove all .resx files, next build it to test.

For the other errors, please try to correct yourself, if you have any trouble solving these errors, please post it in new thread that we will focus on that to help you.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by tendaimare Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:37 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:39 AM
  • The partial class frmScannerApp is defined in several files.  Try removing unneeded empty *.Designer.vb and *.resx files (in Solution Explorer), keeping only the ones that are children of MainForm.vb and TopologyPopupForm.vb. Backup your project before experimenting.

• Edited by Viorel_MVP Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by tendaimare Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:38 PM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:33 AM

All replies

• Try deleting the bin folder in the project.  VS will automatically create a new bin folder and then recompile all the source files.  I would also delete the resx files.

jdweng

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:59 AM
  • The partial class frmScannerApp is defined in several files.  Try removing unneeded empty *.Designer.vb and *.resx files (in Solution Explorer), keeping only the ones that are children of MainForm.vb and TopologyPopupForm.vb. Backup your project before experimenting.

• Edited by Viorel_MVP Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by tendaimare Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:38 PM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Viorel_ but when I remove all the .resx files and the designer.vb files form the project then I get the error "Error 35 Unable to open module file 'C:\VBNETSCANNER3\SampleApp\SampleApp\ViewScannerAcction.Designer.vb': System Error &H80070002& C:\VBNETSCANNER3\SampleApp\SampleApp\ViewScannerAcction.Designer.vb 1 1 SampleApp"

but for all the files that I would have removed so now I have about 8 errors. I have rebuilding the solution and cleaning it, but the error still remains  

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:09 AM

Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

I have tested the sample you shared, you could try the following suggestions to test.

1. Click "Show All Files" in solution explorer as following image.

2. Then remove all .resx files, next build it to test.

For the other errors, please try to correct yourself, if you have any trouble solving these errors, please post it in new thread that we will focus on that to help you.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by tendaimare Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:37 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:39 AM
  • thanks guys that solved it

Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:38 PM
  • @Moderator  in my case your solution is 100% working . Thanks 
    Sunday, October 26, 2014 12:03 PM
  • In my case, deleting all the .resx files, rebooting, and recompiling fixed the problem. For some reason, VS got confused and made .resx files for the main form and for the main form's designer classes point to the same output. It confused itself and me at the same time.

It would have been nice if there were some way of diagnosing this without deleting stuff that may have been important; fortunately, mine was a new project, so deleting those files didn't matter.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:52 PM
  • This is due to the fact that it is due to a problem, another file with .resx extension was created in the same form, so this is very simple to solve, just open Visual Studio and delete the .resx file that is different from the form name.

Sunday, January 13, 2019 11:20 AM
  • This is due to the fact that it is due to a problem, another file with .resx extension was created in the same form, so this is very simple to solve, just open Visual Studio and delete the .resx file that is different from the form name.

Sunday, January 13, 2019 11:20 AM