none
Nativeimages folders -whether can be deleted RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure whether my question is addressed to the right forum because I am not a developer.

I am just a user, having installed various versions of Microsoft.Net i.e.

2.0 SP2,

3.0 SP2

3.5 SP1

4 (Client Profile)

4 Extended

I have two Nativeimages folders in C:/WINDOWS/Assembly folders which are occupying a huge amount of space. They are:

4.0.30219.32 created Jan.31, 2013 with size 245 MB

2.0.50727.32 created sep.9, 2013 with size 208 MB

can i remove/delete either of them without any adverse effect on my PC performance?

thanks

• Edited by br945 Saturday, September 14, 2013 5:12 AM spelling err
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 5:11 AM

Answers

• Hi br945,

Please clarify your operating system version.

.Net Framework 4.5 and .Net Framework 3.5 are already a part of Win 8. .Net Framework 4.5 includes .Net Framework 4.0. .Net Framework 3.5 includes .Net Framework 2.0 and .Net Framework 3.0.You can’t delete them. But you could turn them off.

you could open “Control Panel”->”Programs”->”Turn Windows features on or off” and close “.NET Framework 4.5 Advanced Services” and “.NET Framework 3.5(includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0)”.

In other operating system version and other .Net framework version, you could remove/delete it. But I don’t suggest you remove/delete it. Some software are developed based on .NET Framework. If you remove/delete them, some functions of your computer may be not used.

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:01 AM