Windows Phone connection error - I'm not able to sync my Windows Phone with Zune

Question

• I am using Win 8 Developer preview and now when i connect my windows phone, zune says "Connection error". Now i am not able to sync my windows phone with zune. I am using Samsung focus with Mango software.
    Anand Kalyanam MCSD.NET
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:52 PM

Answers

• hi there,

i have no problem with Zune/Omnia 7/Mango here, have you checked  your device manager to see if the drivers for your phone were installed properly.

The phone should install it's drivers on system if plugged in after Zune was installed (have you rebooted after zune install), and connect automatically.

If it does'nt it might come frome Zune Installation (maybe a problem during setup) or it might be a problem with your USB root driver not installed properly and keeping the phone driver from installing it's driver overlay on its usb port.

if I were you:

i'd uninstall Zune, go to device manager, suppress all USB ports and reboot.

let the system detect them again on reboot, reinstall zune and try again.

have a look on event viewer logs to see what comes up when you plug your phone in.

keep us posted,

Pierre. 

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:54 AM