none
Missing Adapters in the Add Adapter Wizard? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've configured all of the basic adapters in my BT2006-R2 server but when I run the "Add Adapter Wizard" in VS all I see in the registered adapted list is "SQL". Any idea where the rest of the adapters are? Thanks in advance for any help!....

Joe

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:18 PM

Answers

• Well, when u mention the SMTP adapter and schemas tied to it - these schemas depend on your business logic, right? You can't really get them from the SMTP adapter - since the SMTP adapter is just a transport adapter.

Hence, you would need to get the XSD from an external source - your business source which mandated this schema in the first place. Or just create it by hand and then use it (in your orchestration, for example)

Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:27 PM

All replies

• Which adapters are you expecting to see?

In the MMC, go to "Platform Settings", right click on "Adapters" and choose New Adapter. In the Adapter drop down list, do you see the adapter you want there?

Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:31 PM
  • First off, thank you for the reply!...

No, the only remaining adapter to add is "MSMQT". The SMTP adapter already shows up in the "Platform Settings\Adapters" folder (and it's listed as configured).

However, the only available adapter that shows up in Visual Studio when I try to add the metadata via the Add Adapter Wizard (Add =>Add Generated Items=> Add Adapter Metadata => Add => Select the following registered adapters...)  is SQL?. Shouldn't I see all of the registered adapters on the specified host?

Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:22 PM
  • (a) Assume the FILE adapter appeared in the list - where would it get metadata from? Hence, adapters like FILE, SMTP don't appear in the list.

(b) For the WCF-* adapters (WCF-Http, WCF-NetTcp, etc) which can actually retrieve metadata from an externally running WCF Service  - you need to select "Consume WCF Service" in the left tree view, instead of "Add Adapter" --> "Add Adapter Metadata". This brings up a different wizard.

Is there any other adapter you wish to use and retrieve metadata?

Mustansir

Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:58 PM
  •  

Ok that makes sense, but then what schema should be used for messages used by the SMTP adapter?...
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:18 PM
  • Well, when u mention the SMTP adapter and schemas tied to it - these schemas depend on your business logic, right? You can't really get them from the SMTP adapter - since the SMTP adapter is just a transport adapter.

Hence, you would need to get the XSD from an external source - your business source which mandated this schema in the first place. Or just create it by hand and then use it (in your orchestration, for example)

Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:27 PM
  • Ok, thanks!....

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:58 PM