none
Disabling Windows Error Recovery on startup using SCCM 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I found solution to run next command "bcdedit.exe" /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures"".

I tested it, logged with administrative rights to workstation, opened "command prompt" and ran next commands:

%WINDIR%\system32\bcdedit.exe /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures >> C:\temp\ignoreallfailures.txt 2>&1

%WINDIR%\system32\bcdedit.exe /set {default} recoveryenabled No >> C:\temp\ignoreallfailures.txt 2>&1

%WINDIR%\system32\bcdedit.exe /enum >> C:\temp\ignoreallfailures.txt 2>&1

They completed soccessfully.

Now i wanted to distribute this commands via SCCM 2007.

1. I have created new package where was bcdedit.cmd file, content was exacly the same 3 lines which i mentioned above.

2. I created a "program" where command line ran this bcdedit.cmd file.

3. Created new Addvertisement and assigned test collection to it.

In Advertisement status i see error logs:

LOG1

----------------------------------------------------------

Program started for advertisement "00420158" ("00400135" - "bcdedit").

Command line: "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\CCM\Cache\00400135.3.System\bcdedit.cmd"
    Working directory: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\CCM\Cache\00400135.3.System\
    User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

LOG2

---------------------------------------------------------------

The program for advertisement "00420158" failed ("00400135" - "EE bcdedit"). A failure exit code of 1 was returned.
    User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Possible cause: Systems Management Server (SMS) determines status for each program it executes. If SMS cannot find or correlate any installation status Management Information Format (MIF) files for the program, it uses the program's exit code to determine status. An exit code of 1 is considered a failure.
    Solution: For more information on the exit code, refer to the documentation for the program you are distributing.

LOG from workstation

---------------------------------------------------------------

'C:\WINDOWS\system32\bcdedit.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Could anybody help me to get it work, what i'm doing wrong and how can i run this bcdedit.cmd via SCCM 2007?

Any kind of help is welcome!

Thank you in advance,

Peeter Tiidemann.

Friday, January 31, 2014 10:58 AM

Answers

• I think i found solution, problem is that bcdedit.exe is missing in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 folder.

After i copied bcdedit.exe there and re-ran Advertisement it worked. Will test it now on user's workstations.

Friday, January 31, 2014 3:26 PM