popup message to displayed that ur password is going to expire in 14 days RRS feed

• Question

• User-308844114 posted
    Hi
      I got my issue solved. It is because Grouppolicy had effect on it.Upto now the fields are  disabled where the pwd min age is 30 days here and i cant edit.In domain policy and all i have set to 1 days but it doesnt have any effect.I restarted the system and by gods grace it was now editable I tried with various combinations. It worked now. Thanks guys for all your helping hand. Now there is only one problem for me.With that clarification everything is over.
      I want popup message to displayed that ur password is going to expire in 14 days. Can u guide me how can i do this.As i dont want to clump the issues i forwarded the issue one by one.

edited by dunnry:  split post to separate thread for new topic
    Wednesday, May 25, 2005 2:08 PM

All replies

• User1354132231 posted
    Is your question how to determine when the password will expire?  Or how to popup a message?

Here is something for determining the password expiration

I am not sure what the effect of using ADAM has on this one as you might have to look to ADAM for the password last changed, but look to the domain (or group policy) for the password duration policy.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 5:08 PM
  • User-308844114 posted
    Hi
    i tried ur code.i put it in a console application.But not yielding results.This is the first time i am  using console application.I dont know how to give input in the command prompt. I commented some lines and tried.Also used console.Writeline.  I am not able to do that. Could you guide me how to give inputs at the command lineI tried my best way possible.

Thanks
    Wednesday, June 1, 2005 7:50 AM
  • User1354132231 posted
    I think if you run the application sample as is, it asks for a login name.  This would be executed as something like this 'dunnrysample.exe mylogin' where 'mylogin' was the 'sAMAccountName' of a current user in the domain.  This sample assumes it has domain credentials and that you are reading the current domain.  If this is not the case, you will have to adjust.

Thursday, June 2, 2005 10:32 PM
  • User-900017823 posted

Is your question how to determine when the password will expire?  Or how to popup a message?

Here is something for determining the password expiration

I am not sure what the effect of using ADAM has on this one as you might have to look to ADAM for the password last changed, but look to the domain (or group policy) for the password duration policy.

Ryan,

I know you addressed this a couple of years ago, but I've not seen this until recently.  I've taken the code that you gave in your linked article, and it works perfectly.  However, I am having troubles making it work in a ASP.NET 2.0 application.  I'm trying to authenticate against AD 2000.  My problem is when a user's expiration data it fails in the FindOne() function.  I've converted it to VB.NET:

Private Function FindOne(ByVal searcher As DirectorySearcher) As SearchResult
    		Dim sr As SearchResult = Nothing

Using src As SearchResultCollection = searcher.FindAll()
    			If (src.Count > 0) Then
    				sr = src(0)
    			End If
    		End Using

Return sr
    	End Function

I get an error that says, "Unknown user name or bad password".  I am testing this when I know the user's password has expired, so I was hoping that this would determine that fact so that I could give it to the user.  Anyway, yes, of course, the password is bad, but I had thought it would still give me the user's password expiration.  Have I missed something?

Thursday, March 1, 2007 1:48 PM