none
Protocol / Property for Autoformat Rule RRS feed

• Question

• Knowing about the limitation that Autoformat filter condition set programmatically from an Outlook Add-In is not persisted I need to implement a workaround. Judging from the fact that if the filter is set from GUI it will be applied to all Outlook clients connecting to the same profile I am certain the filter is persisted somewhere in the store.

Also found below statement from Ken Slovak [Outlook MVP] in several forums
    "Conditional formatting is stored in the data store as a hidden item"

I started similarly with accessing the Junk Email Rules, now I finally made that one work due to helpful people pointing me to PidTagExtendedRuleMessageCondition MAPI property and MS-OXCSPAM protocol documentation.
    So if anyone can give me a clue which MS-OX*** document has the needed details and what Property of the store I need to look for I hope I can make this one work as well.

(Popular suggested workarounds for setting the filter on add-in startup is not acceptable for several reasons, one being that clients may access their inbox from different Outlook clients and not all clients will have the add-in installed)

Friday, August 29, 2014 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Nick, thank you for your patience. I discussed this with various sources and the conclusion is that the information you are asking for is not documented because it's functionality that is specific to Outlook and is not necessary for interoperability. Because of this, there are no plans currently to add it to the protocol documentation. However, your request has been noted.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Friday, September 26, 2014 5:51 PM

All replies

• Hello Nick

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Support. A support engineer will be in touch to assist further.

Regards
    Friday, August 29, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Hi Nick, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:24 PM
  • Hi Josh, Any updates on your investigation? I'm under quite a bit of pressure from my management.
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Hi Nick, I am still looking into this issue. I hope to have more information for you soon. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:50 PM
  • Hi Nick, thank you for your patience. I discussed this with various sources and the conclusion is that the information you are asking for is not documented because it's functionality that is specific to Outlook and is not necessary for interoperability. Because of this, there are no plans currently to add it to the protocol documentation. However, your request has been noted.

Friday, September 26, 2014 5:51 PM