error when trying to save page; Error 500 RRS feed

• Question

• User-2132746437 posted

I'm working on adding a user control to an existing web app, the control is identical to most of the pages within the app, (ie: UI, GridViews, updatepanels, etc.), however, when I try to save a new record or even update a row in the gridview (inline editing), I keep getting the following error message:

Unhandled exception at line 5, column 9936 in http://servername:98786/ScriptResource.axd?d=s0ntQU2OockM9ieROuvzydDJYegsmBP8wNx3VcuaaWSwZpNruQ2fxNWFzGmbduwr7oezakfBbu9b5IjOCc3EYpWHLCFGvH3akkOZUJCAiAwBm1A5IDQ5_jnqqnuw-90Ojo3ExvfJHLKOuifcC87p39Ecu8_sbXo7XcMdH0NpOZyFFF-s0&t=2e2045e2
    0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500 occurred

I'm running the app locally within the internal IIS Express in VS 2017. I can go to other pages within the app and perform the same tasks on those pages fine. I'm able to run the INSERT SQL Statement directly against the database fine, the GridView is using and ObjectDataSource control to get data, update and delete the rows.  I copied an existing working page and changed the ObjectDataSource control to point to the correct method to pull data from. Any suggestions on why this new page is kicking out that errror?

Monday, October 1, 2018 3:46 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi csharpcoder,

I'm working on adding a user control to an existing web app, the control is identical to most of the pages within the app, (ie: UI, GridViews, updatepanels, etc.)

I suspect that updatepanel control causes the issue, if possible, you can try to remove updatepanel and check if your code can work as expected.

Besides, if you provide a reproducible sample, we can help check the code and troubleshoot the issue.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:15 AM
  • User-2132746437 posted

I even get it on deleting a row inside the gridview.  The controls are only in a Panel, not an update panel in the user control and the master page, from what I can see, no updatePanel is being used at all 

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:44 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi csharpcoder,

The controls are only in a Panel, not an update panel in the user control

Please share the detailed implementation and code snippet of your user control, so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:27 AM