none
Outlook Meeting request on public calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I am simply trying to create a meeting request on a public calendar as one user and then another user being able to make changes to that meeting.  

So user 1 uses the program i created to add a request for a meeting on the calendar with the subject request.  The meeting is added to the calendar.  Then I need to be able to have user 2 approve the request and simply change the subject to approved.  The meeting organizer is user1.  It is not letting user2 save changes to the meeting.  How can I accomplish this.

I thought about having my company create a resource mailbox that would should up as a user.  Can I save the meeting request with this user as meeting organizer.  

what are my options?

Friday, March 8, 2013 4:33 PM

All replies

• The feature you really need to use is Delegate Access - a user grants another user a certain set of permissions to one of the default folders in their Mailbox.  For calendars, that's the normal way of letting non-organizers make changes to an appointment.

When you are using a Public Folder, then it's folder permissions that grant varying levels of access to specified users/groups.  However, I'm not sure if non-organizers can edit appointments in that folder even if they have the rights.

If you simply want to approve the creation of items in a Public Folder, then use the Moderated Folder features for that folder (I think it has to be mail-enabled).

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/create-and-share-a-public-folder-HA010148803.aspx

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:30 PM
  • What if i create a new profile for the global user i created.  Then in my windows form vb.net application.  i force their current outlook closed, open a new one and login as that new profile?

Is that possible?

Friday, March 8, 2013 6:14 PM