none
Project Server 2010 and Sharepoint 2010 Security Groups synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if there is some mechanism of work around to sync users between Project Server 2010 and Sharepoint 2010 Security Groups. Specially when we define custom groups in Project server how can we have them as sharepoint security groups as well ?

I need the synchronization to have security set at PDP level, e.g. Project Managers to view 2-3 selected PDPs, Program Managers (Custom Group) to view Administrative Pages etc..

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Syed,

I don´t know if this is what you are exactly looking for, but I used this workaround to allow/deny users to make changes depending in which security they are:
    http://azlav.umtblog.com/2011/05/04/making-a-read-only-pdp-with-infopath-forms/

Hope this helps you!

Monday, January 28, 2013 12:11 PM
  • Hi,

It is not exactly what I am looking for but  actually the link provides me an option to achieve that I am trying to get done. 

Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:01 PM
  • You need to understand the concept behind Project Server security. If I understand you correctly, is that you can achieve this by using EPTs, Categories and Groups (PS). Is there a specific reason to use SP groups?

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:30 AM
  • There is no specific reason for using SP groups. But how would that be possible using EPTs with CATs and Groups? cause we have only 1 EPT, and we have different groups, we want some PDPs to be editable for a group and for other groups it should be read only. 
    Sunday, May 5, 2013 9:13 AM