none
Multiple Processor group test inside a VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In certifying a VF driver, i need to run "Multiple processor group test" inside  a VM. I have set the groupsize to 2 and groupaware "yes". I have 24(max for a VM) logical processors assigned to the VM thorugh its settings. But the test case is failing with the following error:

C:\>ismultigroup.exe
    Machine: Build=9200.00
            Platform=AMD64
            OS=Windows Server 2012 Standard Evaluation
            ServicePack=""
            Version=6.2
            BuildLab="win8_rtm"
            BuildDate=120725-1247
            Language=English (US) (REDMOND)
            Config=n/a

Start: Verify the system is configured into multiple active processor groups, TUID=
    End: Pass, Verify the system is configured into multiple active processor groups, TUID=, Repro=ismultigroup.exe

Error: 0x0, The operation completed successfully.
            ValidateMultipleGroupsExist - Failure: Expected more than one active processor group, but found only one.  Consu
    lt the Windows Logo Kit documentation for the proper manual machine configuration steps required prior to running device
     logo tests on Windows Server 2008 R2 and later OS versions.  The recommended steps are similar to the following, and ne
    ed to be run from an elevated cmd prompt.
        bcdedit.exe /set groupsize 2
        bcdedit.exe /set groupaware on
        shutdown -r -t 0 -f
        <start device logo tests>

File=testsrc\basetest\topology\logo\ismultigroup\ismultigroup.cpp Line=109

I have followed the steps to set the parameters and i can see them effective in bcdedit after reboot. Is this a known issue? If so, what is the filter id to use? or How can i debug the problem?

Monday, November 12, 2012 3:35 PM

Answers

• What is the hypervisor being used?  I assume Hyper-V as no other is mentioned, but please confirm

Hyper-V does not support multiple processor groups, as very few workloads require more than 64 virtual processors.

You will need to document the reason for the failure in the submission readme file for review by Microsoft. 

Sandy Arthur

SVVP Program Manager

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:51 PM