CryptographicException "Cannot find the requested object." RRS feed

• Question

• I want to import a certificate in Silverlight.

If I do this:

X509Certificate cert = new X509Certificate(data, "pwd");

Being data a byte[] get from a OpenFileDialog, I get this error: CryptographicException "Cannot find the requested object."

Stack Trace:

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptographicException(Int32 hr) 
    at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Utils._QueryCertBlobType(Byte[] rawData) 
    at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate.LoadCertificateFromBlob(Byte[] rawData, Object password, X509KeyStorageFlags keyStorageFlags) 
    at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate..ctor(Byte[] rawData, String password)   

The exact same code works in Windows forms.

Any idea of what the problem might be? Regards.

Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:46 AM

All replies

• Analyzing the code with Reflector, I see that the problem is raised on this method: 

[MethodImpl(MethodImplOptions.InternalCall)]
    internal static extern uint _QueryCertBlobType(byte[] rawData);

I guess that maybe it means that I cant call it from Silverlight, right?.

Do you know another way of creating an instance of X509Certificate from a certificate that the client uploads?

Thanks!

Friday, November 27, 2009 6:51 AM
  • Does anyone know a way of creating an instance of X509Certificate from a certificate that the client uploads?

Monday, December 7, 2009 8:15 AM
  • I've got the same error. The reason is that constructor waits binary certificate (DER formar), not base64 one.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 6:58 AM