none
Where to find a link to Jet.DB.ACE 4.0 or 12.0? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have happened to have a legitimate version of Visual Studio 2008 on optical medium.  When I have installed that version onto one of my laptops, everything was here instead of the Jet.DB.ACE 4.0 or 12.0.  That library file is probably a dynamic link library file (.dll file).  Can anyone assist me to provide a direct link to the Jet.DB.ACE 4.0 or 12.0?

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

jp

Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:41 PM

Answers

• Never mind.  I've figured it out myself.

Here is the code snippet:

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            mcnADONetConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Users\<filename>.mdb"
            mcnADONetConnection.Open()
            mdaDataAdapter = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("Select * from TableOne", mcnADONetConnection)
            mcbCommandBuilder = New OleDb.OleDbCommandBuilder(mdaDataAdapter)
            mdaDataAdapter.Fill(mdtBaseClasses)

End Sub

The connection string property is assigned to what I have set this string in bold.

Afterwards, I have solved this on my own.  It worked fine.

Any questions or concerns?

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

jp

• Marked as answer by JohnDBCTX Friday, July 14, 2017 1:13 AM
    Friday, July 14, 2017 1:12 AM
  • By the way, It must be ace oledb 12.0, which is the provider, and the data source filename must end with the mdb extension.  My best educated guess is that the developers have to have the mdb extension instead of the accdb extension counterpart.  

Probably, the Access developers remains dependent with the mdb extension prior to the accdb extension.  This is just to ensure its data integrity constraints, as well as with the XML schema.

I do hope I am on the right track for explaining this.

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

jp

• Marked as answer by JohnDBCTX Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:26 AM
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:26 AM

All replies

• Never mind.  I've figured it out myself.

Here is the code snippet:

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            mcnADONetConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Users\<filename>.mdb"
            mcnADONetConnection.Open()
            mdaDataAdapter = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("Select * from TableOne", mcnADONetConnection)
            mcbCommandBuilder = New OleDb.OleDbCommandBuilder(mdaDataAdapter)
            mdaDataAdapter.Fill(mdtBaseClasses)

End Sub

The connection string property is assigned to what I have set this string in bold.

Afterwards, I have solved this on my own.  It worked fine.

Any questions or concerns?

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

jp

• Marked as answer by JohnDBCTX Friday, July 14, 2017 1:13 AM
    Friday, July 14, 2017 1:12 AM
  • By the way, It must be ace oledb 12.0, which is the provider, and the data source filename must end with the mdb extension.  My best educated guess is that the developers have to have the mdb extension instead of the accdb extension counterpart.  

Probably, the Access developers remains dependent with the mdb extension prior to the accdb extension.  This is just to ensure its data integrity constraints, as well as with the XML schema.

I do hope I am on the right track for explaining this.

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

jp

• Marked as answer by JohnDBCTX Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:26 AM
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:26 AM