Store word Document in string in Asp.net with C# RRS feed

• Question

• User1634588730 posted

Hello,

Is there any way  to read and store word document in string or var by using Microsoft object library 12.0?

Thanx in advance.

Regards

Sandhu

Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:59 AM

Answers

• User197322208 posted

but dont wanna upload file to server and than read.

Silverlight or WPF may be your friend then... Both run on client , not on server

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 17, 2010 4:27 AM
  • User377791177 posted

see textglow

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:43 AM
  • User1634588730 posted

answer plz

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:58 AM
  • User1414178881 posted

Why aren't you telling everyone about the whole case? you just keep adding new info in every post.

First thing you want to know if you can read from a word document using office object library,then you add a new info;the file is on the client's machine,not on the server,then you mention you don't want to upload the file to the server,which means you want to do this at client-side,then you add that you want to add some dynamic text in word file and than view it in browser,we all want to help you but you have to tell us the whole situation to help you better.

Anyway,I think the conclusion is this:you need to read from word document and store it into a variable,then change/modify the text within that variable then show it as a word document to the client's browser,of course you want all of this to be done at client-side...Is that correct?

If so then you may need to:

1) implement an activex to do this,you can use Silverlight or WPF.

2) Use com/dlls of microsoft office which means Microsoft office 12 must be installed at the client's machine,if it wasn't installed you will not be able to run the code.

3) Use Microsot office 12 object library.

Earlier points are already mentioned (one way or another) by other members.

textglow (as suggested by SHASHANK) seems to be good (you can download it's sourcecode) instead of starting from scratch but it needs modifications to support: 1)Reading the file from the client's machine 2) change/modify the text before rendering it as image.

I didn't try textglow (I didn't took a look at it's sourcecod) but I don't think it needs much modifications to achieve what you want.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:11 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

What's the

Microsoft object library 12.0
    ?

On other hand, you could store almost anything in string or binary format.

What are you trying to achieve?

Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:07 PM
  • User1634588730 posted

sorry its Microsoft office 12.0 object library.

i just wanna read the word document(which is on the clients computer) and display that document in web browser.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Sandhu

Sunday, May 16, 2010 9:08 PM
  • User197322208 posted

you can upload the document on the server and read , indeed , with Office 12 . But how do you want to display ? As text ?

Monday, May 17, 2010 3:28 AM
  • User1634588730 posted

Yes, As text. but dont wanna upload file to server and than read.

Regards

Sandhu

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:02 AM
  • User197322208 posted

but dont wanna upload file to server and than read.

Silverlight or WPF may be your friend then... Both run on client , not on server

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:27 AM
  • User377791177 posted

see textglow

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:43 AM
  • User1634588730 posted

this is not wat i am looking at.

i want to add some dynamic text in word file and than view it in browser.

Regards

sandhu

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:49 AM
  • User1634588730 posted

answer plz

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:58 AM
  • User1414178881 posted

Why aren't you telling everyone about the whole case? you just keep adding new info in every post.

First thing you want to know if you can read from a word document using office object library,then you add a new info;the file is on the client's machine,not on the server,then you mention you don't want to upload the file to the server,which means you want to do this at client-side,then you add that you want to add some dynamic text in word file and than view it in browser,we all want to help you but you have to tell us the whole situation to help you better.

Anyway,I think the conclusion is this:you need to read from word document and store it into a variable,then change/modify the text within that variable then show it as a word document to the client's browser,of course you want all of this to be done at client-side...Is that correct?

If so then you may need to:

1) implement an activex to do this,you can use Silverlight or WPF.

2) Use com/dlls of microsoft office which means Microsoft office 12 must be installed at the client's machine,if it wasn't installed you will not be able to run the code.

3) Use Microsot office 12 object library.

Earlier points are already mentioned (one way or another) by other members.

textglow (as suggested by SHASHANK) seems to be good (you can download it's sourcecode) instead of starting from scratch but it needs modifications to support: 1)Reading the file from the client's machine 2) change/modify the text before rendering it as image.

I didn't try textglow (I didn't took a look at it's sourcecod) but I don't think it needs much modifications to achieve what you want.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:11 AM