Please tell me how can i get the Network type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am developing an application in window mobile using c#
     in that i want to get the Network type that the using network is GSM, CDMA or 3G
    how can i get the network type in windows mobile.
    please tell me that API name to get it.

Thanks in advance

Mobile_Developer
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I may be wrong but there is no direct API to find out the network type.
    However, using the native API ConnMgrQueryDetailedStatus will determine the type of connection for all existing connections on your device. So, i guess u will have to run a loop to find your connection, get the type along with its status.

This API returns a list of structures of type CONNMGR_CONNECTION_DETAILED_STATUS which have a member dwtype which may help.

Regards,
    Sanjay

P.S. There are also a set of State and Navigation API supported WM5 onwards which may help, though i havent tried them personally.
    wannabegeek
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, January 22, 2009 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I may be wrong but there is no direct API to find out the network type.
    However, using the native API ConnMgrQueryDetailedStatus will determine the type of connection for all existing connections on your device. So, i guess u will have to run a loop to find your connection, get the type along with its status.

This API returns a list of structures of type CONNMGR_CONNECTION_DETAILED_STATUS which have a member dwtype which may help.

Regards,
    Sanjay

P.S. There are also a set of State and Navigation API supported WM5 onwards which may help, though i havent tried them personally.
    wannabegeek
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, January 22, 2009 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:54 PM
  • hi Sanjay
    Thanks 4 your reply

can u tell me how to use "ConnMgrQueryDetailedStatus" in c#.
    please provide me code for implement it.
    Thanks

Mobile_Developer
    Monday, December 22, 2008 5:49 AM