Design Screen returns blank page after saving RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've a problem with design screen developing all my lightswitch applications.

At some point, after saving or canceling changes from the design screen, it returns a blank page and you have to restart the application to continue.

All changes are saved correctly, and this problem starts randomly and persists even after clearing the caches (ManifestCache and ComponentModelCache).

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve it?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:53 AM

Answers

• I didn't mean to create a new project from the old one but merely, that the error is only present in some projects.

Is your solution an out of browser application (desktop)? When yes then try to switch to WEB and then back to desktop.

• Proposed as answer by Sven Elm Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Marco Ziliotto Monday, May 27, 2013 12:25 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:53 PM

All replies

• I do get this too in one of my LSV3 projects. However, in a newly created one everything looks fine.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:45 AM
  • Thanks mf_falkao for reply,

I wish there was a less drastic solution, since this problem occurs randomly and is the third time that happens to me.
    Currently my project is quite articulate, with RIA Services and silverlight usercontrols, then create the project again is a task that requires a lot of work.

Thanks

Marco

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:40 AM
  • Hi,

Me too

Sven

Sven Elm

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:52 PM
  • I didn't mean to create a new project from the old one but merely, that the error is only present in some projects.

Is your solution an out of browser application (desktop)? When yes then try to switch to WEB and then back to desktop.

• Proposed as answer by Sven Elm Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Marco Ziliotto Monday, May 27, 2013 12:25 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

THANKS!

It worked.

Thanks again from Sven

Sven Elm

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Hi mf_falkao,

I had same problem too, and your solution (switch to web and return to "out of browser" again) worked fine for me!

Thanks!

Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:38 AM
  • It works also for me.

Thank you very much mf_falkao!

Marco

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:19 AM
  • not sure why this is working. Maybe the folder C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser

is involved and something get reset when switching to WEB.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:34 AM
  • Hi mf_falkao:

Your solution worked for me.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:17 PM
  • mf_falkao, your suggestion worked for me too.  Thanks..!

Now, we just have no clue why the problem happened in the first place and this solution fixed it.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:39 AM
  • I my case this is not a solution, everytime I close and reopen project need to be repeated.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:53 AM
  • This fix works for me but loses some of the publish settings and when I publish again I'm back to the same problem.

It looks like a bug somewhere in LightSwitch which really ought to be looked into.

Simon Jones
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Friday, May 30, 2014 10:51 AM