none
Microsoft Office 2013 Interop assemblies RRS feed

• Question

• I have Office 2013 Pro Plus on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. I also have VS2012 Ultimate installed. I also use a third-party application that has C# compilation integrated.

I am trying to use the Interop assemblies for Office 2013. The C# compiler cannot find them -- "using Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel" for example, fails to find Office in Microsoft!

How do I make the Office 2013 Interop assemblies available to C#?

Thanks.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 6:23 PM

Answers

• Replying to one's own enquiry always seems problematic ... nevertheless, having found a solution, here is one possible approach:

The Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 contain the latest PIAs for Office 2013 (Office 15.0). Download the OfficeToolsForVS2012RTW.exe executable and run it and they will be installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office15 folder.

Cheers.

Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:03 AM

All replies

• Replying to one's own enquiry always seems problematic ... nevertheless, having found a solution, here is one possible approach:

The Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 contain the latest PIAs for Office 2013 (Office 15.0). Download the OfficeToolsForVS2012RTW.exe executable and run it and they will be installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office15 folder.

Cheers.

Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:03 AM
  • Hi Jeronymite,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Thank you for sharing your solution which is also very helpful to other community members.

Have a nice day.

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 15, 2013 12:03 PM