Can't use a Dataset in my script component...reference required...whats going on? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Finding this forum really useful...I wonder if you could help me with this.

I've got a very simple script component and I just want to use a Dataset in it.

When I declare the Dataset i get a warning and then consequently an error. herers an image grab of whats happening:

http://www5.webng.com/hopelist/error.jpg

If you can't see the image please let me know.

Essentially VS gives me a hint to add a required assembly which it needs....but when I click to add I get a 'Visaul Basic Compiler has encountered a problem and needs to close' type error.

Anyone got any idea whats going on and why I'm having such a hard time just accessing a Dataset??

thanks

Andy

Monday, July 30, 2007 11:27 AM

All replies

• Well, you do need to add a reference to the System.XML assembly, because datasets have a reference to it. Not sure why the environment is crashing, though. If you are using the add option on the error dialog, you might try adding the reference by using the project explorer, and going to the references folder, or Project..Add Reference from the menu bar.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:51 PM
  • I had the same problem where I got an error everytime I tried to click on the link to add the reference. So I just manually added it. Go to the project explorer for the script and right click on references and just add the system.xml.dll. That should work!
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:02 PM