none
Can't resolve installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (Includes 2.0 and 3.0) RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 8 installed on my system. I am facing difficulty in installing some software's as the setup of the installing software asks me that Microsoft .NET frame work 3.5 is required. I tried multiple options like:

- Going to control panel and turning on from "Turn On/Off windows features".

- Downloaded "NetFx64.exe" files from microsoft web site for Microsoft .Net 3.5 and run the setup up.

- Using command prompt and the following command:

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:h:\sources\sxs

Each time a window appears for "Windows Features" and keeps working on "Searching for Required Files" with green bar moving from left to right repeatedly.

Can someone help to resolve this problem? I am non-technical guy as far IT knowledge is concerned so needed a detailed reply.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Mir Usman Amjad,

Windows 8 does not include .NET 3.5 (include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) by default. There are two ways to enable it.

Firstly, you said that you turned on from “Turn On/Off windows features”. Have you check that you have an internet connection? To enable by this way, the internet connection is needed.

Secondly, you downloaded the “NetFx64.exe”, to enable .NET 3.5 feature you cannot install any online .NET 3.5 package. You will get errors when using that online package. You just need to enable it by click that checkbox “enable .NET 3.5”, then system will automatically download .NET 3.5 and install it for you. As your first try, but you should ensure that you have an internet connection

Thirdly, you can also enable the .NET 3.5 in offline mode. But you must insert Windows 8 DVD or mount ISO image. The source of this feature can be found in folder E:\sources\sxs. (In this case E: the user’s drive letter on which the user has loaded Windows 8 Media). When you run the command, have you inserted Windows 8 DVD or mount ISO image?

You can refer to this link to enable .NET 3.5, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2785188

Hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

JiayiLi

Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:45 AM