List of databases i can use in my windows 8 c# & xaml app. RRS feed

• General discussion

• i want to know the list of databases i can use in my windows 8 c# & xaml app like sqlite .....
    • Changed type Jamles HezModerator Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:41 AM could be a discussion for sqlite and other database
    Monday, October 14, 2013 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hello kranthi88,

The most database are use in windows 8 app is sqlite, but the another database are Azure database, Local storage like Devart LinqConnect for Metro. For Devart LinqConnect for metro show this example :

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/A-Simple-Windows-Store-85f29843

It is basically using xml file.

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:40 AM
  • Hi kranthi88,

I think there should be lots of database like SQLite support windows store app, the suggested is SQLite as Khant mentioned, meanwhile to use web service is also a good option.  

Additional, a very interesting discussion on database of windows store app: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/e9cdd75d-03e4-4577-988e-4c02a52e3f50/sql-database-support-in-metro-style-app?forum=winappswithcsharp

BTW, I'd like to change the type of this thread to discussion since it is a question on database.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:40 AM
  • thanx khant & jamles , i really want to use Sqlite but i think we can deploy or target either 32 bit or 64 bit with sqlite but not neutral , i want my application to be neutral or platform independent package , any help ??
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:32 AM
  • Hi kranthi88,

Why not use Web Service, then your app be neutral and platform independent.

Or if the data is not large, you could also consider use xml file to store the data.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:49 AM
  • thanx jamles 
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:12 AM