none
[UDKinect] Kinect API for UDK RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have been working on an API to use the Kinect for Windows SDK with my UDK game and thought other developers might be interested.

You can download it and find detailed explanations at udkinect.com.
    It takes 30 seconds to setup
    - copy the dll to UDK/Binaries/Win32/UserCode
    - add UDKinectInstance.uc to your project
    And you are good to go!

It's supposed to be super easy to use, with simple function calls like UDKinectGetSkeletonPosition( ... ).
    (Learn more about it at udkinect.com/index.php/documentation/programming-guide).

I'll keep this post up-to-date with the next updates (audio integration, etc)
    And if you want to add anything, feel free to get in touch!

Cheers,

Charlie :)

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hi, I've been trying to get the Kinect to work with UDK for a long time without success so I look forward to trying this! Would it be possible to get the source code for the .dll at any point? I understand that this is a very early version but I would be very interested to look over it.

Thanks, Mark.

EDIT: You can check my blog if you want to see my progress and more details on the project, currently I have not acheived as much as I had hoped as I'm not as familliar with C++ and UnrealScript as I'd like to be...
    • Edited by MarkSemenenko Saturday, March 3, 2012 10:24 PM Added link to my blog.
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 10:21 PM
  • Hi Mark,

The sources of the dll will be available for download soon :) Hope it will help! (I don't want to give a date right away though)

Concerning "I'm not as familliar with C++ and UnrealScript as I'd like to be...". You may be interested in knowing that we will release kismet nodes making the use of kinect in udk easy without having to go through Unrealscript or any kind of code. It's perfect fo designers (that's why Kismet was developped in the first place).

Cheers,

Charlie

Sunday, March 4, 2012 2:36 PM
  • Hello,

A little update on the project :)

- There is now a set of Kismet nodes to do whatever you could do from Unrealscript via Kismet (so you don't need to code anything).

- For those who want to code, you can pay whatever you want and get the full C++ sources :)

Hope your projects are going well! Mine is on the way and I can't wait to show it ^^.

Charlie

Monday, March 19, 2012 2:33 PM
  • i having problem running the dll in 64 bit~ i don know why event thought i copy in to the path you write above, yet it still run in 64 bit
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:54 PM