inputting data into controls from a row in a table of a dataset RRS feed

• Question

• I use the following, in some instances, to fill controls on a form from a table.  I really only have a marginal understanding of how this works.

The code below represents some of the controls (actually all of them) that I know how to input data into this way.

I now have a checkbox control that I want to do this method with but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do that one.

.txtResult.DataBindings.Add(New Binding("Text", frmChangeRequest._MasterBase_1_1DataSet, "tblChangeMaster.chrChangeResult"))

.lblChangeID.Text = "CR" & CStr(.lblChangeID.Text)

.cmbManager.DataSource = frmChangeRequest.tblEmployeeBindingSource
                        .cmbManager.DisplayMember = "chrFullName"
                        .cmbManager.ValueMember = "chrFullName"
                        .cmbManager.DataBindings.Add(New Binding("Text", frmChangeRequest._MasterBase_1_1DataSet, "tblChangeMaster.chrManager"))

gwboolean

Monday, June 4, 2018 4:38 PM

Answers

• I got it figured out.

It turns out that this is how it works:

.chkQualify.Checked = frmChangeRequest.chkQualify.Checked
                        .chkQualify.CheckState = frmChangeRequest.chkQualify.CheckState
                        .chkQualify.DataBindings.Add(New Binding("Checked", frmChangeRequest._MasterBase_1_1DataSet, "tblChangeMaster.blnQualify"))

Thanks

gwboolean

• Marked as answer by gwboolean Monday, June 4, 2018 4:52 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 4:51 PM