Webmatrix 3, mysql and websecurity RRS feed

• Question

• User-250171173 posted

Has there been any change in Webmatrix 3 and the support for helpers such as websecurity on mysql?

Are there alternalives like the WebMatrix.WebData extendedmembershipprovider that can be used? and if so how?

I would really like to move my backend from mssql express to mysql, I based the origional site design off the starter site a few years ago, so my use of the helpers though my site is holding back any migrating.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 7:09 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

No. Changes to WebMatrix will not affect SimpleMembershipProvider, which is part of the ASP.NET Web Pages framerwork. That is still on version 2. I haven't heard of any plans to release a version 3 yet.

ExtendedMembershipProvider is just a base class that you need to inherit from if you want to create your own provider that implements ExtendedMembershipProvider features. SimpleMembershipProvider is an example of doing that.

You can create your own provider. The simplest way to do that would be to basically copy and paste the source for SimpleMembershipProvider and change the name, and any SQL that won't float with MySQL. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:50 AM