none
Problem connecting to internet (wireless or wired same problem) RRS feed

• Question

• Where would it be best to post my problem to try and get me back up running?

First, when I reboot I get a message "ONE OF THE LIBRARY FILES NEEDED TO RUN THIS APPLICATION CANNOT BE FOUND"  I just click OK, message goes away and desktop loads.

I cannot go on any website although wireless is connected and AIM is connected and working.  I'm able to use windows live to retrieve hotmail.  When I open IE it just says 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'  then I click the option to Diagnose Connection Problems and it says no problem found and that it connected to microsoft.com and to ftp.microsoft.com successfully but I still cannot connect to any websites including microsoft.com.

I shut off the firewall with no luck.  I'm no wiz so any help would be appreciated.  I have the recovery disk but don't want to erase my hard drive so I'm hoping for a fix

I also cannot register and activate norton 360 as it states it cannot connect to internet. 

I installed firefox and still no internet.

I'm running XP SP3 

If any additional info is needed to help with my problem please ask and I'll try to get it posted.  Thanks Philip
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:44 PM

Answers