none
USBCAM RRS feed

• Question

• Following the problems I'm having with our platform's camera I thought I'd try using a usb camera to check the functionality of the system without involving our camera driver. I've included the drivers from the Microsoft download in the image and the OS boots and loads the driver. Using the remote registry editor I see, under the "Active" list in drivers both a CAM1: device and a PIN1: device. However, when I start the camera demo app and it tries to locate the driver using the RequestDeviceNotifications() function, there is no CAM1: device. There is no CAM1 when I try to use FindFirstDevice() FindNextDevice(), either.

The Camera is a Microsooft nx-6000 which is supported by the driver. Its flash LED does light up when the driver initializes so I assume it is getting initialized by the driver. The processor is a PXA270 and the USB is OHCI.

What can be the reason the device does not appear in response to the above functions?

Thanks,

Daniel

Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:40 PM

All replies

• Hello Daniel,

you can check it by putting some debug message in the driver, it will give you the exact idea about what's wrong with the driver.  

have you checked with the release note supplied with the camera. ? have you enabled all the required sysgen variables. ?

Anant
    Friday, March 11, 2011 7:05 AM
  • Could you find the solution I am also try to work with a usb camera so can you tell me how it is ? 
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:40 PM