Which approach is better? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need help. Please tell me which approach is better?

SCENARIO:

1. User uploads image

2. SL App saves it on the server (i.e. \userId001\Images\img001.jpg). There can be more than one image per user.

3. Next time, user logs back in and retrieve his images

4. In my SL App, I have list box that is supposed to display all images of the current user

Wich APPROACH is better?

1. Get the images from the server using WCF Service that returns byteImage

or

2. Just use URI function and set the source of the image control to display the actual image.

OBJECTIVE:

1. My SL App should be able to populate the listbox based on my List<Image> myImages class. sample please

2. I should accomplish this with DataBinding feature. sample please

Any idea and sample code is hightly appreciated.

Thanks SL Team!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:31 PM

Answers

• 2. Just use URI function and set the source of the image control to display the actual image.

I'd have to believe this one, as the image could be cached. If you retrieve via web service you'll download it every time its requested. Not very kind to your users' or your own bandwidth.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 5:28 PM

All replies

• 2. Just use URI function and set the source of the image control to display the actual image.

I'd have to believe this one, as the image could be cached. If you retrieve via web service you'll download it every time its requested. Not very kind to your users' or your own bandwidth.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 5:28 PM
  • Oh yes, you're right. Good thing you've mentioned that. Thank you, it makes sense to me now.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:02 PM