none
I don't know what can I extract from my load project RRS feed

• Question

• ¡Hello everyone!

I have tested my application, it includes: indigo's service, a little logic based in typed datasets and an Oracle DB.

Well, all, included the database, is into a P4 3,2 Ghz, 2gb ram. Only that machine.

From my machine I have launched a test, it call an user case which access the DB with little logic.

Well, in the test I have only achieved 20 concurrent users without errors (I think that is enough for my app). When I put more concurrent users the problems begins and IIS falls.

What I want to know is if in that topology 20 concurrent users is a good number or I should have reach more.

Thanks, I don't have experience in load testing and I don't know what expect.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 9:18 PM

Answers

• 20 concurrent users is quite low having into consideration that you are testing a "little logic" use case.....
    what errors are you having with more users?
    Rgds
    Rodrigo
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 3:18 AM

All replies

• 20 concurrent users is quite low having into consideration that you are testing a "little logic" use case.....
    what errors are you having with more users?
    Rgds
    Rodrigo
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 3:18 AM
  • Well, the server just start to die. It begins paging and goes slow. With 50 users IIS stops the group in which my service stay.

With 10 users the procesor goes to 100%. The test is from other machine calling the server's web service. I don't know if I can tune the server or the database in it.

How many users do you think I could achieve?

Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:42 AM
  • you should be able to achive 50 concurrent users..... I recommend you to use Performance Counters and to check whether your logic is not wasting cycles with unnecesary loops or something like that.

Besides, I recommend you to load test your database separately too to determine where the problem is.

Rgds

Rodrigo

Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:41 PM