none
Visio 2010 Drawing Control autosize page does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Visio 2010 SP2 drawing control in my C# application.

And the AutoSize property on the Page does not work, when I set it to true - it does not change, and when I use 

AutoSizeDrawing()

It throws an exception.

I know that this issue is fixed in Visio 2013 drawing control, but I need it in Visio 2010.

Does anyone knows a workaround? Or someway to fix this.
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Visio, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Visio

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 14, 2014 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

If you want auto size the page size in Visio drawing control, I suggest you to set the PageSizingBehavior property as visResizePages, the pages of that document will be resized to match the size of the control itself.

#PageSizingBehavior Property

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/bb435980(v=office.11).aspx

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:51 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, March 17, 2014 10:03 AM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 10:12 AM
  • Thank you, for your answer, but this does not solve my issue.

What I want when is, when I have a shape in the canvas and I add another shape that is outside the canvas, the canvas to expand itself automatically and "catch" the moved shape. This is not happening when the PageSizingBehavior is visResizePages. This is happening when Page.AutoSize = true, but this cannot be done in Visio 2010 only in Visio 2013 and like I said calling "AutoSizeDrawing()" throws an Exception in Visio 2010, because Page.AutoSize is always false.when moving the shapecanvas is automatically expanded

As you can see the when shape is moved the canvas is automatically expanded, this is not possible at the moment with Visio 2010 Drawing control, and I am search for a fix or a work around.

Monday, March 17, 2014 10:01 AM
  • For the people who are interested, Microsoft rolled out a fix (finally).

You can check it out here

Monday, March 24, 2014 3:16 PM