Azure File Storage map drive disconnect when computer restart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have configured Storage on Azure and created a File Share folder. Then mapped the network drive on local computer with storage account and pass key net use Drive \\<storage-account-name>.file.core.windows.net /user:<storage-account-name> /pass:<storage-account-key> but the issue is when restart computer the drive is not accessible and prompt username and password. The password is not accepted and still the same popup window prompt for password.

Can some one guide how to map the drive persistent and computer restart the drive should be accessible.

Thanks

Friday, January 15, 2016 10:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

For persisting connections on azure file storage, you can follow the below article.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2014/05/27/persisting-connections-to-microsoft-azure-files.aspx

Hope it helps.
    Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by Girish Prajwal Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:03 PM
    Friday, January 15, 2016 6:14 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, but my concern is that can I add only storage as map drive without creating and configuring VM on Azure. I have created storage without VM and mapped the drive but the issue is when computer restart the map drive shows disconnected.

Is there any other work around for this problem to get the persistent map drive on local computer not on creating link from Azure VM.

Kindly assist on this query.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

My sincere apologies for the delay.

I was unable to get the details on persisted connections for Azure file storage.

Ref: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-files/

Girish Prajwal

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:36 PM
  • Hi Grish,

Thanks for your reply. I have been gone through this link and realize that without Azure virtual machine it is not possible to map the drive on local computer.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Girish Prajwal Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:03 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:56 AM
  • Hi,

Yes you are right, without VM it is not possible as of now.

Girish Prajwal

Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:04 PM
  • Hi,

Can some one guide on Azure map drive feature is available on local computer without creating Azure Virtual Machine ?

I am following this forum quite long and wanted now that feature is now available ?

Please respond.

Friday, February 26, 2016 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay!

To mount the file share from an on-premises client, you must first take these steps:

. Install a version of Windows which supports SMB 3.0. Windows will leverage SMB 3.0 encryption to securely transfer data between your on-premises client and the Azure file share in the cloud.

. Open Internet access for port 445 (TCP Outbound) in your local network, as is required by the SMB protocol.

For more information, refer below link:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-files/#mount-the-file-share

Regards,

Vikranth S.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 2:31 PM