none
Multiple entries in calendar view in doc library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a doc library with doc sets with some metadata so the user can add multiple files related to the certain project. Of course project has its own deadline, so I created a calendar view as shown here:

https://www.premierpointsolutions.com/training/help-and-how-to-articles/including-list-and-library-items-in-a-sharepoint-2010-calendar-overlay/

But, unfortunately when the user is changing metadata of the project or addind, replacing, deleting the file to and from doc set new entry is created for the calendar view so in the end I have 10-20-30 entries in calendar view related to the same project and the same deadline. How can I avoid this issue?

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi pwrzes,

This is because the file is stored in document set, when documents changes,added,deleted, then the entry in Calendar will be changed based on the document set change.

In this case, if need to avoid the multiple entries, please put the document outside the document set, then the Calendar entry will be based on the document itself.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 3, 2017 7:54 AM