Prototype For Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• User1295861604 posted

Hi Folks,

I need all your guidelines to do a prototype for a dashboard application that will have information about 24 windows servers initially and the FAST search Engine Server. The number of server will be keep on get added. I would like to know the guidelines and architecture design for the application.

Please give your view upon it. From all your experience i would like to make a well design architecture for it.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:38 AM

All replies

• User1295861604 posted

Hi,

Please reply for my request. Waiting for all your reply.

Monday, December 21, 2009 12:34 AM
  • User78336405 posted

Hi,

Could yo describe  in detail some more?

Monday, December 21, 2009 1:49 AM
  • User1295861604 posted

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I need to make a prototype or develop an application where i have to make a dashboard which will show the information about 24 windows server, like health monitoring and about FAST server information which is hosted in that server.

We need to know the status of each FAST server, that was running in the server. Now currently we are using admin tool that comes with the FAST server to see the needed status values. Instead of that, we need to just club and show all the information in dashboard screen.

We are going to use APIs that comes with FAST server, its all in web service. We have to club FAST server and Windows Server health status and show in the dashboard.

Please reply me, if you need more information about it.

Regards,

Bala.

Monday, December 21, 2009 12:47 PM
  • User-952121411 posted

If you want a really interactive and flashy UI experience, then I would be looking to SilverLight to display your server information.  If you need to stick with ASP.NET, you could use a free component like Microsoft .NET Charting to display your information.  You can find the details on that here:

Microsoft Chart Controls for .NET Framework 3.5:

http://blogs.msdn.com/seanboon/archive/2008/10/25/microsoft-chart-controls-for-net-framework-3-5-released.aspx

As far as dynamically changing your screen based on the number of servers, there are a multitude of options like lists that are populated at runtime, grids that expand dynamically, tables that have more columns or rows added, etc.  If you use Silverlight, you would want to use a control that you could add to and expand dynamically at runtime.  An example might be a StackPanel that you build on at runtime based on the number of servers to report.

Lastly, you could look at toll already built, and possibly use some ideas from it; take a look below:

Dotnet Monitor - Complete monitor server via web:

http://www.dnzone.com/go?103

Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:42 PM