none
Yammer and sharepoint integrated search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to integrate search for yammer on sharepoint online site.

Found a few articles about the same, but stuck at the authorization part.When registering a yammer app, what is the redirectUri.

The application is showing the error : "Invalid client Application"

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Mahima,

The Yammer App for SharePoint has been deprecated starting September 15th, 2015.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Yammer-App-for-SharePoint-Add-a-Yammer-feed-to-a-SharePoint-page-8023e402-5ca3-4ef4-a2da-37215aa75f49

Instead you can Embed a Yammer feed into a SharePoint site.

You have a few options to integrate Yammer with SharePoint.

• Embed
      • Group, Topic, My, and User Feeds
      • OpenGraph Feeds
    • Yammer OpenGraph API and/or Yammer REST API with Yammer SDKs

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to get in touch in case you need further help.

Thanks, Vandana Rathore (MCSE, MCTS, PRINCE2®) |(Please remember to click on “Mark as Answer” if this post helps you)

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Hi Mahima,

Have you checked the article below? It uses Yammer search REST API to get the results and display the results in SharePoint page. Please check the article below which might help you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22866.sharepoint-2013-deep-integration-of-yammer-search-with-sharepoint-search.aspx

Best Regards,

Victoria 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:34 PM
  • Hi Mahima,

Were you able to integrate search for Yammer on SharePoint online site? Let us know if any of the above suggested methods worked for you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Thanks, Vandana Rathore (MCSE, MCTS, PRINCE2®) |(Please remember to click on “Mark as Answer” if this post helps you)

Monday, April 24, 2017 3:57 AM