Installing Robotics Development Studio R2 Acad Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day,

I am trying to install MRDS 2008 R2 Acad on Windows 7 x64, so that all users logging into a machine will have access to the software install. Does anybody know how to do that? No matter who i use to install, it always wants to install to C:\users\%username%\Microsoft Robotics Development Studio R2\.

This does not play nicely in a lab environment.

Anybody out there that can help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Monday, March 8, 2010 5:16 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately it is designed for a per-user installation. There is no easy way to install for all users.

Trevor
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:55 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately it is designed for a per-user installation. There is no easy way to install for all users.

Trevor
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:55 AM
  • I had to reinstall and get the error message:

Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

I tried downloading a fresh copy and the same error occured.  I am downloading from Dreamspark and running on Windows 7 Professional 64

Any thoughts or any body else been able to reproduce this?

Thanks,

-Nathan

Friday, March 26, 2010 2:28 AM
  • Well it worked when I downloaded through the browser instead of the download manager.  Finding a lot of MS applications don't install on Windows 7 Pro 64 though.  I think I have most of the updates, so not sure what's wrong.
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 11:46 PM
  • There is no Data1.cab in an RDS installation, so I am not sure what you are referring to.

Trevor

Monday, March 29, 2010 4:28 AM
  • Well it worked when I downloaded through the browser instead of the download manager.  Finding a lot of MS applications don't install on Windows 7 Pro 64 though.  I think I have most of the updates, so not sure what's wrong.

Would you pls give some details? The info you offered is not enough to decide the problem.
    Monday, October 18, 2010 1:43 AM