none
Creating Provider hosted app without having Azure account RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to create provider hosted app for SharePoint online version without Azure account. I didn't want to subscribe it. Hope it will not comes under Office365 subscription also. And i didn't want to setup local SharePoint server too(as hybrid server). Please suggest.
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Prasanna_,

Provider-hosted apps for SharePoint include components that are deployed and hosted outside the SharePoint farm. They are installed to the host web, but their remote components are hosted on another server. Figure below illustrates the basic architecture of a provider-hosted app.

# Choose patterns for developing and hosting your app for SharePoint

Based on my understanding, you should be able to host the web server on-premises or online (e.g. Azure).

By the way, if you have more questions related to “Apps for SharePoint”, I suggest you to post them on Developing Apps for SharePoint 2013 Forum.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 21, 2014 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you need have Azuer account and subscribe the corresponding product.

Regards

Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Thanks Clearly...

Is there any other option like deploying in local server or machine and host the application without using Azure subscription.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 10:53 AM
  • Hi Prasanna_,

Provider-hosted apps for SharePoint include components that are deployed and hosted outside the SharePoint farm. They are installed to the host web, but their remote components are hosted on another server. Figure below illustrates the basic architecture of a provider-hosted app.

# Choose patterns for developing and hosting your app for SharePoint

Based on my understanding, you should be able to host the web server on-premises or online (e.g. Azure).

By the way, if you have more questions related to “Apps for SharePoint”, I suggest you to post them on Developing Apps for SharePoint 2013 Forum.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 21, 2014 5:05 AM