What is the DB size limit on tfs preview? RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to add a user to our TFS preview and I am getting the following error message:-

"The database 'Tfs__2302a10b-146f-4fee-bdff-ee6a5d34c936' has reached its size quota. Partition or delete data, drop indexes, or consult the documentation for possible resolutions."

I am assuming there must be a limit to size of the DB you can use on TFS preview.... What is this? More importantly how can I find out how much I have used and administer this on my project? I don't think our project is overly big and we currently only have four users in the project team.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

• Edited by PaulM_007 Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:49 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:46 PM

Answers

• Hello everyone. Our apologies for the brief issues you were seeing. We had a capacity issue with one of our DBs this morning which has now been addressed. The issues you were seeing should now be resolved. Please let us know ASAP if you still seeing any errors \ problems.

Trevor Hancock (Microsoft)
    Please remember to "Mark As Answer" the replies that help.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:48 PM

All replies

• I am getting the same error this morning, and I only had one user.  I was trying to add a second one.  Wondering if this is an issue with the service.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:57 PM
  • I am getting the same error this morning, and I only had one user.  I was trying to add a second one.  Wondering if this is an issue with the service.

Was thinking this maybe was the case. I was working quite a bit on my project things yesterday without issue....

• Edited by PaulM_007 Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:04 PM
  • I am also getting this error when I try to access the project in TWA %error="400000";%:o00tl5zejr.Tfs__2302a10b-146f-4fee-bdff-ee6a5d34c936..prc_MapIdentity: Unexpected Database Failure - %error="40544";% executing INSERT statement for tbl_IdentityMap

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:27 PM
  • I am also getting this error when I try to access the project in TWA %error="400000";%:o00tl5zejr.Tfs__2302a10b-146f-4fee-bdff-ee6a5d34c936..prc_MapIdentity: Unexpected Database Failure - %error="40544";% executing INSERT statement for tbl_IdentityMap

OK same issue here. Must be an issue with the service at the moment. Wonder if any of the TFS preview team can confirm this?
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:43 PM
  • I am also getting the same error. Project http://carvajaleducacion.tfspreview.com
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:45 PM
  • Hello everyone. Our apologies for the brief issues you were seeing. We had a capacity issue with one of our DBs this morning which has now been addressed. The issues you were seeing should now be resolved. Please let us know ASAP if you still seeing any errors \ problems.

Trevor Hancock (Microsoft)
    Please remember to "Mark As Answer" the replies that help.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:48 PM
  • Many thanks for the update!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Thanks, it is working now
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:43 PM
  • This issue happens again as we speak.

Could you please solve it :)

If this post answers your question or helped you in the right direction, please use the "Answer" button on this post.
    Sahin Ozdemir | Consultant, MCTS BizTalk Server, MCPD Solution Development Avanade Netherlands BV

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:28 PM
  • This issue happens again as we speak!!
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:18 PM
  • This issue happens again as we speak.

Could you please solve it :)

If this post answers your question or helped you in the right direction, please use the "Answer" button on this post.
    Sahin Ozdemir | Consultant, MCTS BizTalk Server, MCPD Solution Development Avanade Netherlands BV

Solved
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:13 PM
  • Yes it is solved now.

Thanks for the quick response from Microsoft!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:25 PM