Using Satallites on Xamarin Mac. RRS feed

• Question

• User33830 posted

We have a cross platform application and we are using satalite dll for the locale for IOS and Android and the follow forum posts appears to suggest that it works for xamarin mac.

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/28071/#Comment_28071

However I cannot get it to work, it only ever shows me the German locale instead of the English Locale. The example code getting for locale is following:

Assembly aThisAssembly = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();
                ResourceManager aTextResource = new ResourceManager("SatalliteLocaleTest.Text", aThisAssembly);
                string sText = (string)aTextResource.GetObject("SampleText");
                if (sText == null)
                {
                    Debug.Assert(false, "Text resource " + "SampleText" + " not found!");
                }

Am I doing something wrong or have missed anything ? Or does not simply work in Xamarin Mac Yet ?

Attached Sample Project

Monday, March 10, 2014 10:44 AM

All replies

• User33830 posted

I have discovered that Xamarin builds the Satalite but does not put it in the Bundles

So I have copied it to from

bin/debug/en/MySolution.resources.dll to bin/debug/MySolution.app/Contents/Monobundle/en/MySolution.resources.dll

The Satalite was picked up and English locale was displayed.

I have discovered another issue where my CultureInfo was en-DE ( English language in Germany ) and the english satallite assembly was not picked up. Where as en_GB does pick up the language.

Friday, March 21, 2014 12:53 PM