none
How to introduce in a battery gauge IC on win8/RT RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I have asked such question before. Maybe I did not make be clear.Answer from Doron is viewing the gas gauge IC as a HID class device.

Actually I mean a kind of battery gauge and protection  IC, like TI's BQ20Z45, by so called "gas gauge" IC.

After further study, I think we should use the architecture like that : power managment application->battery class driver(batct.sys)->battery miniclass->bus driver .

Am I right? if my undetstanding is right,

Besides developing  a our own battery miniclass driver, shall we do any work else like  bus driver?

I am confused about that, on Notebook, usually the Battery IC will be connect to EC(Embedded controller) via I2C, and the driver is based on ACPI. But on tablet running with the OS win8/winRT, it has no EC. We will connect the battery IC to AP(Application Processor) via I2C, shall the bus driver be modified, and is the driver still based on ACPI specification?

Thank you in advance.

Wills Wang

Friday, November 30, 2012 3:10 AM

All replies

• Battery mini class drivers have been deprecated since vista. Is the gauge a battery? I am confused. Are you working with a silicon vendor directly with Microsoft?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:20 AM
  • Our gauge IC is used with the battery packet. It is used to monitor the Lion battey. Via I2C, it can return the capactiy, the voltage, the temperature... of the battery. I found in some threads on this forum, it is also called" battery meter".

Yes, I am working with a silicon vendor. But not with Microsoft directly on this project.

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:32 AM