none
Stop Visual Studio from wasting time RRS feed

• General discussion

• The current version of Visual Studio is a disaster:

It's full of bugs, everything I've touched so far works only far enough for snippets and samples in the MS blog to work. But when I really want to get into the new features for using them in my projects, I soon hit the Visual Studio tools' implementation limitations. Within just one week after installation I have already filed almost 10 bugs at Connect plus urgently missing functionality at GitHub.

Moreover, installing Visual Studio - and even installing extension updates - is taking incredibly long. Given there will be at least one extension update scheduled per week, I'm going to waste my time mainly on performing installations instead of being productive. Visual Studio cannot be opened during update installation, so I'm forced to sit and wait.

This screencast demonstrates both problems quite intensively. It's an attachment I added to Connect issue #1696185.

Gee ... I'm a busy man. Too busy to have it wasted on Visual Studio problems.

Please, Microsoft, stop wasting my time on cuddling your tools instead of spending it in my projects.

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office/Windows and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

• Edited by BetterToday Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:19 AM
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 5:21 PM