Scripts rights RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to script my database to create another database on another server.

I just realized that the user rights for the stored procedures and tables are not in the scripts.

I would like to know is it possible to script database inlcuding user roles rights.

Your help and information is great appreciated,

Regards,

Souris,

Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:56 PM

Answers

• I just realized that the user rights for the stored procedures and tables are not in the scripts.

Hello Souris,

I guess you are using the "Script generator wizard" of SSMS? Which version of SSMS are you using?

In SSMS 2008R2 / 2012 you can create scripts for logins + object level permissions, see Generate and Publish Scripts Wizard (Advanced Scripting Options Page) => General => Script logins + Script object-Level permissions

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

• Marked as answer by sourises Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:51 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:16 PM

All replies

• I just realized that the user rights for the stored procedures and tables are not in the scripts.

Hello Souris,

I guess you are using the "Script generator wizard" of SSMS? Which version of SSMS are you using?

In SSMS 2008R2 / 2012 you can create scripts for logins + object level permissions, see Generate and Publish Scripts Wizard (Advanced Scripting Options Page) => General => Script logins + Script object-Level permissions

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

• Marked as answer by sourises Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:51 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:16 PM
  • Thanks a million for the information and help,

Regards,

Souris,

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:51 PM